Only a person who has lost a spouse can understand and appreciate the devastating effects of such a loss on a surviving spouse. All of us at WPS have suffered such a loss, and so a goal is for us to help, support, and encourage each other as we each make the difficult transition after the loss of a spouse. A second goal is to help each other understand and accept our grief, and to begin to smile, laugh, and start living again.
A big part of that journey is re-engaging in social activities, so WPS offers many opportunities as detailed below. But re-engaging is hard. If you see something you think you might like to attend, leave an RSVP message with WPS Office at 214-358-4155. Also, feel free to call the WPS President on his personal WPS cell 972-561-9897, and he will arrange for a member widow or widower to meet you, introduce you, and accompany you during your chosen event.
Most of our members, including the present President, found it hard to leave their car to attend that first event, and we at WPS do not want you to have that negative experience. So when you decide to make the plunge, join us.
September 2022 Events
· SEPTEMBER 1, THURSDAY, Dallas, El Fenix, 6811 W. Northwest Hwy, 5:30 p.m. Conversation and Dinner.
· SEPTEMBER 4, SUNDAY Plano, Florentina’s, 3501 Midway Rd., 5:30 p.m. Social, 6 p.m. Dinner.
· SEPTEMBER 5, MONDAY, Irving, Wonderful World of Cooking, 1735 Story Rd., 5:30 p.m.
· SEPTEMBER 7, WEDNESDAY WPS Board Meeting, Carrollton Senior Center, 1720 Keller Springs Road, Carrollton, 9:00 am. Visitors are welcome. .
· SEPTEMBER 12, MONDAY, Dallas, Luby’s, 13455 Midway Rd., 11:00 a.m. Lunch & Mexican Train dominoes or lunch only.
· SEPTEMBER 13, TUESDAY, Dallas, Tony’s Italian, 10233 E. Northwest Hwy, 1:00 p.m. Lunch (place order upon arrival) & Mexican Train dominoes or lunch only.
· SEPTEMBER 13, TUESDAY, Brookhaven Country Club Monthly Gathering (dinner & entertainment). Doc Gibbs will entertain. Brookhaven CC is located at 3333 Golfing Green Dr. (between Marsh and Webb Chapel) in Farmers Branch. 5:00 p.m. social hour (cash bar), 6:00 p.m. dinner and entertainment. Mail your $35 per person check payable to WPS to Dave Stokey, 5960 W. Parker Rd. #278, PMB 248, Plano, Texas 75093. Reservations are not refundable. If you think your payment might be late arriving, please feel free to pay at the door by cash or check. MUST RSVP BY TUESDAY Sept 6th (latest Sept 9th).
· SEPTEMBER 22, THURSDAY, Addison, Blue Mesa, 14866 Montfort Dr. 5:30p.m.
· SEPTEMBER 26, MONDAY, Dallas, Luby’s, 13455 Midway Rd., 11:00 a.m. Lunch & Mexican Train dominoes or lunch only.
· SEPTEMBER 27, TUESDAY, Addison, Queen of Sheba, 14875 Inwood Rd, 5:30pm. Let’s gather for a fun night with dinner and dancing to LIVE music! Carla Krieger will be providing the entertainment for the evening. WPS loved Carla last time she performed for us and we are lucky to get her as she has been busy performing at various venues in the DFW area. She knows how to get the audience up and dancing to those songs we know and love! Come join the fun!! RSVP by noon on Friday, September 23rd.
· SEPTEMBER 27, TUESDAY, Dallas, Tony’s Italian, 10233 E. Northwest Hwy, 1:00 p.m. Lunch (place order upon arrival) & Mexican Train dominoes or lunch only.