Only a person who has lost a spouse can understand and appreciate the devastating effects of such a loss on a surviving spouse. All of us at WPS have suffered such a loss, and so a goal is for us to help, support, and encourage each other as we each make the difficult transition after the loss of a spouse. A second goal is to help each other understand and accept our grief, and to begin to smile, laugh, and start living again.
A big part of that journey is re-engaging in social activities, so WPS offers many opportunities as detailed below. But re-engaging is hard. If you see something you think you might like to attend, leave an RSVP message with WPS Office at 214-358-4155. Or, feel free to call the WPS President on his personal WPS cell 972-561-9897, and he will arrange for a member widow or widower to meet you, introduce you, and accompany you during your chosen event.
Most of our members, including the present President, found it hard to leave their car to attend that first event, and we at WPS do not want you to have that negative experience. So when you decide to make the plunge, call the President, and he will make it easy for you to join us.
September 2023 Events
· SEPTEMBER 4, MONDAY, Irving, Wonderful World of Cooking, 1735 N Story Rd., 5:30 p.m., MUST RSVP.
· CANCELLED FOR SEPTEMBER, TUESDAY, WPS Board Meeting, Carrollton Senior Center, 1720 Keller Springs Road, Carrollton, 1:00 pm. Visitors are welcome.
· SEPTEMBER 7, THURSDAY, Dallas, El Fenix, 6811 W. Northwest Hwy, 5:30 p.m. Conversation and Dinner. Please RSVP.
· SEPTEMBER 11, MONDAY, Dallas, Luby’s, 13455 Midway Rd., 11:00 a.m. Lunch & Mexican Train dominoes or lunch only. Please RSVP.
· SEPTEMBER 12, TUESDAY, Dallas, Tony’s Italian, 10233 E. Northwest Hwy, 1:00 p.m. Lunch (place order upon arrival) & Mexican Train dominoes or lunch only. Please RSVP.
· SEPTEMBER 12, TUESDAY, Brookhaven CC Monthly Gathering (dinner & entertainment). Anthony Passacantando (“T Mac”) will entertain with music from the 50’s to the 80’s. 3333 Golfing Green Dr., Farmers Branch. 5:00 p.m. social hour, 6:00 dinner and entertainment. Cost is $35 per person. You can pay by ZELLE or with cash or check at the door. MUST RSVP BY THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 7th.
· SEPTEMBER 17, SUNDAY, Dallas, Dunston’s Restaurant, 5423 N. Lover’s Ln, 6:00 p.m. Conversation and Dinner. Please RSVP.
· SEPTEMBER 19, TUESDAY, Plano, Florentina’s Italian Bistro, 3501 Midway Rd, 5:30 p.m. Please RSVP.
· SEPTEMBER 21, THURSDAY, Plano, Breakfast at Rosa’s Cafe, 420 Coit Road, starting at 9:30 a.m. RSVP not required; breakfast from 9:30 -10:30.
· SEPTEMBER 25, MONDAY, Dallas, Luby’s, 13455 Midway Rd., 11:00 a.m. Lunch & Mexican Train dominoes or lunch only. Please RSVP.
· SEPTEMBER 26, TUESDAY, Dallas, Tony’s Italian, 10233 E. Northwest Hwy, 1:00 p.m. Lunch (place order upon arrival) & Mexican Train dominoes or lunch only. Please RSVP.
· SEPTEMBER 28, THURSDAY, Addison, Arthur’s, 15175 Quorum Dr., starting at 5:30 p.m. Please RSVP.